Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Bon Appétit magazine calls tomato and watermelon “soul mates,” and they’re right! This surprising gourmet salad will be a hit at your next barbecue.
- 1 tsp peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Sea salt, to taste
In a small saucepan, sauté spices and herbs in the coconut oil for 3 minutes over medium heat to create turmeric oil. Take the pan off of the heat, then let it cool.
Combine the watermelon, tomatoes, and feta on a large platter or in a bowl. Drizzle with cooled turmeric oil. Now, simply sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Inspired by BonAppetit.com