Sign Up For Our Newsletter
The 2021-2022 school year begins in August. While this cycle will certainly look different, safety should remain to be at the forefront. Lawyer Ramiro Rodgriguez Jr. wants to share some safety tips with you:
- Always walk on the sidewalk
- Stay alert and avoid distracted walking
- Phones down, heads up – In Georgia, cases of drivers versus pedestrians can go either way.
- Always cross streets at crosswalks or intersections
- Drive cautiously and slow down
- Be prepared for kids to appear running or in unexpected situations
- Don’t use your phone while driving, it can wait
- Avoid driving distractions like dealing with children or pets, eat or drink, applying makeup or grooming
- Don’t block crosswalk or double park
Biking or using an E-Scooter
- Ride in the same direction as traffic,
- Follow traffic signs and signals
- Always wear a helmet
- Stay always in the bike lane
- Don’t use electronics while riding
- If you enjoy riding e-scooters, be cautiously and make your safety a priority. Most accidents are due to riders who fall or crash while riding on the sidewalks.
- Remember e-scooters are only meant to be ridden on the street and the max speed is 15 mph
- Stay at least 6 feet away from the curb
- Stay alert at the bus stop
- Wait until the bus driver puts the stop sign before crossing the street
- Never walk behind the bus
- Try to arrive 5 to 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive
What to do if getting into a car or pedestrian accident?
Contact us at (770) 766-0555 and let us fight for your case.
The following two tabs change content below.
GA Injury Advocates
At GA Injury Advocates, we endeavor to effectively alleviate your concerns. Our Marietta accident attorneys have been recognized throughout the country as fierce advocates fighting to safeguard the well-being and rights of injured victims. Get your free case evaluation by calling us at (770) 766-0555.