Sign Up For Our Newsletter
5 Thanksgiving Flicks for the Whole Family
In This Issue: 5 Thanksgiving Movies for the Whole Family
After a giant Thanksgiving meal, it can be tempting to sink down onto the couch and never get up — so embrace it! This Thanksgiving, try planning a family movie night to enjoy while the turkey settles.
Movie nights are about as low maintenance as family hangouts can get. According to Elle magazine, actress Angelina Jolie credits family flick marathons for helping her survive quarantine with six kids at home. Her secrets to success are comfortable clothes like pajamas and robes, along with plenty of movie snacks. This Thanksgiving, plan your marathon around these holiday-themed films.
- ‘Free Birds’ — This hilarious 2013 animated film stars Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson as turkeys who have escaped the Thanksgiving table. Together, they go on a mission back in time to break up the first Thanksgiving and get turkey off the menu for good.
- ‘A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ — This old-school television special from 1973 is a Thanksgiving classic. In it, Charlie Brown and Snoopy navigate football, an ever-growing Thanksgiving guest list, and a backyard feast of junk food.
- ‘Garfield’s Thanksgiving’ — Everyone loves Garfield, and this 1989 television special starring Jon, Odie, and the fat cat himself is another Thanksgiving mainstay. The vet puts Garfield on a diet at the worst possible time: right before Thanksgiving.
- ‘An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving’ — This 2008 period drama is based on a short story by Louisa May Alcott and tells the tale of an estranged family who find themselves back together just in time for the holidays. It’s historical, heartwarming, and fit for all ages.
- ‘A Family Thanksgiving’ — This Hallmark comedy is a funny combination of “A Christmas Carol” and “17 Again.” A high-powered lawyer is transported to an alternate universe and gets a look at what her holiday life could have been like if she’d made different choices.
With these five films on your watch list, you won’t need any other Thanksgiving entertainment!