This protein-packed recipe is the perfect dinner for two on a hot summer night when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 10 oz canned tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup avocado, cubed
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
First, make the dressing. In a jar, add soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice, and ginger. Secure the lid and shake until emulsified.
In a small bowl, empty the drained tuna and pour the dressing over top. Add the cilantro and scallions and stir until well coated.
Divide rice between two serving bowls. Top with the dressed tuna, avocado, tomatoes, and sesame seeds.
Inspired by TheKitchn.com