Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Don’t let the long ingredient list scare you. This summer salad celebrates in-season veggies and herbs and comes together quickly.
- 4 cups of fresh corn, cut from 5 cobs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–5 minutes or until corn starts to char.
Add the corn to a large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients and still together until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning.
The salad pairs well with grilled entrees and can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Inspired by JoCooks.com