Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Make your tea time extra special with these tasty cakes that are easy to make
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (plus extra for rolling cookies)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Using a mixer, cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla, then gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, measure, then sift again with the salt. Add gradually to the butter mixture, then add nuts and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On an ungreased baking sheet, place tea cakes 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly, then remove cakes from the baking sheet and roll in powdered sugar. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Before serving, roll cookies in powdered sugar again.
Inspired by FoodAndWine.com
GA Injury Advocates
Latest posts by GA Injury Advocates (see all)
- What Are Your Options If You Drug Tested Positive After a Work Injury? - September 6, 2023