Make your tea time extra special with these tasty cakes that are easy to make
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (plus extra for rolling cookies)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Using a mixer, cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla, then gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, measure, then sift again with the salt. Add gradually to the butter mixture, then add nuts and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On an ungreased baking sheet, place tea cakes 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly, then remove cakes from the baking sheet and roll in powdered sugar. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Before serving, roll cookies in powdered sugar again.
Inspired by FoodAndWine.com
The following two tabs change content below.
GA Injury Advocates
At GA Injury Advocates, we endeavor to effectively alleviate your concerns. Our Marietta accident attorneys have been recognized throughout the country as fierce advocates fighting to safeguard the well-being and rights of injured victims. Get your free case evaluation by calling us at (770) 766-0555.