Sign Up For Our Newsletter
In Georgia, employers with three or more employees are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
If your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance and you are injured on the job, you may still have options for receiving compensation for your injuries.
Here are some steps you can take if your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance in Georgia:
- Report the injury to your employer: Even if your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance, it is still important to report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. This will create a record of the injury and can help establish that it occurred on the job.
- Seek medical treatment: It is important to seek medical treatment for your injury as soon as possible. Your health should always be your top priority, and getting prompt medical attention can also help establish the extent of your injuries and the costs associated with your treatment.
- Consult with an attorney: If your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim against your employer. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your legal options and navigate the process of filing a claim.
- Consider other sources of compensation: Depending on the circumstances of your injury, you may be eligible for other sources of compensation, such as disability benefits, Social Security benefits, or private insurance.
In summary, if your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance in Georgia, it is important to report your injury, seek medical treatment, consult with an attorney, and explore other sources of compensation. While the process of pursuing compensation may be more complicated without workers’ compensation insurance, there are still options available to you.
Injured at Work?
Satisfied clients: 4.8 star +Google Reviews
Contact us for help in filing a Georgia workers’ compensation claim.
Download our Free eBook on Workers Comp
GA Injury Advocates
Latest posts by GA Injury Advocates (see all)
- Focus on the Road: Don’t Text and Drive. Stay Safe and Drive Smart - December 29, 2023